Monday, February 9, 2009

December/Christmas

The last week of Hochfilzen I made it into points... finally! Placing 25th in the sprint with 2 misses. My 15km was still not good. I had 5 misses too many. 
Slowly I am crawling my way closer to the top again.... 

We were unable to compete in the relay this week though because Sandra was not able to race due to illness. Very unfortunate because our next chance to race a relay is World Championships in Pyeong Chang, Korea. 

Now it's time to head home... Christmas in Canmore. Time to kick back, relax.... and of course prepare for the next set of races and World Championships. 

My time at home was awesome. The best part was of course, was spending time with my boyfriend (hopefully I am getting some brownie points for adding this one ;)...). Also was my friend's stagette party... good times ;) ... basically just being able to do things outside of biathlon like sledding, skating, walks with the dog and spending time with friends and family. It wouldn't be a Canadian Christmas without skating, sledding and ... playing hockey! 

TTYL....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Zina
Good Luck in the coming days and weeks. Your Australian cheer squad a ready for you. Don't forget to have some fun througout it all and maybe even give us a wave (yes, we can be very superficial).
I have to be the patriot but secretly cheering you on. I will keep and eye out for you.
Taryn (big cousin)