Sunday, October 5, 2008

Summer

at CMH lodge (Rosanna, me, Megan) and my dog Zeak



"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." - Ghandi



Fall is in the air! And consuming our minds, as we are now only 3 months away from the start of the season! Not sure what happened to summer. I think we had a few hot days!

Training sessions on the rollerski treadmill at the U of C went very well. Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of my lovely self on it. Next time….

We spent the summer training in Canmore, with a 3 day camp to Revelstoke in August. It was gorgeously hot there! I drove out a day early and went sport climbing with my Dad, which was wicked. The climbing in the area is awesome and so much of it is practically right outside downtown. Too bad that town is in the middle of nowhere! Our camp was short but a good blast of fun. We road biked from Revelstoke to CMH. And spent the night at the heli lodge. What a great time we enjoyed there upon arrival… bathing in the sun on the dock (the lake was rather glacier cold), extreme croquet, volleyball, awesome food and an open bar. Oh and an indoor climbing gym. But by the time I got to the climbing, the 5 hrs of biking that day combined with extreme croquet had drained my energy! The next day we roller skied up Mt. Revelstoke. A very, very long climb! The 3rd day we biked from Lake Louise to our respective homes. A dedication goes out to the many enjoyed coffees, cakes, muffins, and sandwiches consumed from the Modern Bakeshop and CafĂ©. Delicious!

Early September found us doing the North American Biathlon Roller ski Championships in Canmore. This was also World Cup trials for the 3rd spot for the first World Cup tour. I attended 2 out of 3 of the competitions. I came 1st in the Individual and 2nd in the Pursuit (I started last due to not starting the Sprint the day before). Currently, our World Cup team consists of Sandra Keith, Megan Imrie, and myself (one more women will attend after 2nd IBU competition), and Robin Clegg, Jean-Philippe Le Guellec, Scott Perras (potentially one more man attending).

As the seasons changed, I decided to refresh my living space. A little makeover as I enter a new chapter in my life. I painted my room a deep purple, and love it!
I’m off to drink tea and lounge in the marvelous purple….

No comments: